LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FORWARD MESSAGE!

Photobucket

Pilate describes Jesus to Caesar -an earlier encounter

Below from Acta Pilati (Pilates report to Caesar)
BELOW IS A PORTION ONLY taken from "Acta Pilati", reported by Rev W. D. Mahan to have been found in the Vatican Archives

BEGINS WITH:

"To Tiberius Caesar, Emperor of Rome. Noble Sovereign, Greeting: The events of the last few days in my province have been of such a character that I will give the details in full as they occurred,

"Among the various rumors that came to my ears there was one in particular that attracted my attention. A young man, it was said, had appeared in Galilee preaching with a noble unction a new law in the name of the God that had sent him. At first I was apprehensive that his design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day in passing by the place of Siloe, where there was a great concourse of people, I observed in the midst of the group a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected, so great was the difference between him and those listening to him. His golden-colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance."

No comments:

Post a Comment