LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FORWARD MESSAGE!

Photobucket

My First Trip to Jogjakarta.


MORRIS CERULLO SCHOOL OF MINISTRY JAKARTA, 13 JULY -20 JULY 1984

My flight to Jogjakarta was at 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11, 1984. It was a beautiful day. At 11:45 a.m., I arrived at the airport. I joined my friend who was one of his groupmates who was also attending the conference. I approached them and introduced myself. We were all waiting for the check-in counter to open. At 12:35 p.m., I took out my passport, which was safely tucked away in my small bag, to prepare for check-in. When I examined my passport, I discovered that it had expired a month before. Everyone was rushing to get in line for check-in. I informed my friend about my passport and asked him to keep an eye on my luggage.  I had no choice but to go to immigration to get an extension, or else I would be unable to board the plane with an expired passport. I rushed down to the Federal Building, which housed the Immigration Department 2 kilometres away. At 1:15 p.m., I arrived at the immigration office. It was lunchtime. However, an officer who was drinking coffee at his desk. "Please excuse me, Sir, could you assist me. At the time, I was praying to God to bless this man so that he could assist me. "I'm flying to Jogjakarta today at 2:20pm, and my passport is expired!" I exclaimed! When I handed him my passport, he inquired, "How much did it cost? $600.00 Sir." I answered. He took out a form and asked me to sign. In my heart I was thanking Jesus for this kind man. I signed the form and passed back to him. He signed and sealed it and handed back to me together with the passport. I was asked to pay $5.00 for the extension of my passport for 3 months. "Thank you, Sir". I ran down to catch a taxi. I arrived at the airport at 1:50 pm. Praise God I made it I exclaimed. My friend was waiting for me. He told me that the flight was delayed to 3:00pm. He handed my luggage back to me. I checked in and boarded the plane to Jogjakarta. I knew the Lord would help me!  Gerry Yee

No comments:

Post a Comment